There’s nothing like pure nostalgia. It reminds you of the good ole days when you had little to no responsibilities. You felt like you had all the time in the world.
Life was easier when there wasn’t a goddamn pandemic.
Last Saturday afternoon, I pulled out my exercise step, threw on a long t-shirt and a pair of old shorts from 2008, and listened to my favorite throwbacks while doing some much-needed step aerobics.
I couldn’t help but smile. I wasn’t thinking about my anxiety nor my frustration with a family member. I was enjoying a 60-minute party.
If you’re experiencing feelings of loneliness and anxiety during quarantine, I highly recommend listening to your favorite throwback songs. It can motivate you in more ways than one.
For more resources on the positive influences nostalgia can bring to your self care routine, check out this Shine article.
Need some throwback motivation?
Check out my Saturday Playlist!
- You Know You Like It – AlunaGeorge
- To U – Skrillex & Diplo ft. AlunaGeorge
- Beats Steady Knockin – Skrillex & Diplo ft. Fly Boi Keno
- Jungle Bae – Skrillex & Diplo ft. Bunji Garlin
- Express Yourself – Diplo ft. Nicky Da B
- Calabria – Enur ft. Natasja and MIMS
- Tambourine – Eve
- 1991 – Azealia Banks
- Body Pump – Aluna
- Luxury – Azealia Banks
- Hey Baby (Jump Off) – Bow Wow & Omarion
- Together – Kaytranada ft. AlunaGeorge and GoldLink
- I’m in Control – AlunaGeorge ft. Popcaan
What’s your favorite throwback song? What are you listening to in quarantine? Comment below or tweet me your favorite throwback song @belladour on Twitter.