As more Americans get coronavirus vaccinations, it seems like there’s light at the end of a long dark tunnel. I am hopeful and a bit excited because it looks like we’re inching closer to normalcy. Ultimately, the news inspired me to think about my plans after the pandemic.
Here are 13 Things I’m Doing Post COVID:
- Get my hair trimmed or cut. I haven’t had a trim in 15 months. Although my hair has grown, there are a few uneven parts. I want my natural hair to grow back evenly which will likely require a cut.
- Pay a stylist to install two strand twists. As someone with a low maintenance hair routine, I want a protective hairstyle that lasts 1.5-3 months. But I want my twists done differently by creating a side part. This will create a side sweeping effect that adds versatility and lets me play with it.
- Get my nails done. I want a fresh manicure and a pedicure. I want to try a nail salon that offers quality nailcare products that won’t damage my cuticles and high quality press-on nails that last three weeks.
- Meet up with my friends. Whenever my friends and I hang out, we have a good time. I’m looking forward to catching up over a delicious meal in Atlanta.
- Attend a Black burlesque show. Last year, I attended a talent showcase at Apache Café where three female performers did a burlesque number. I loved their confidence, the way they expressed their sensuality and sexuality. Now I want to attend an actual burlesque show and learn how to tap into my sensuality and sexuality.
- Attend a film festival. I love watching independent films and think it will be fun to meet new people during viewings. Also I like listening to panel discussions with the writers, directors and cast explaining the process of making the project.
- Attend a local fashion show. I have a newfound appreciation for fashion after binge watching Alaia, Chanel and Gianni Versace shows for three months. I would like to support an up-and-coming designer and identify what story their collection tells.
- Attend a social event at my coworking space. I look forward to vibing out to DJ Thrice Groove’s mix again and meeting other members. Plus it’s an excuse to dress up.
- Try out a semi-expensive sushi restaurant in Atlanta. I tend to patronize the same restaurants because I enjoy the food. However, I want to change my scenery and venture into Buckhead, Midtown Atlanta or Downtown Atlanta. My friend loves sushi-grade fish so I know she’ll come along.
- Go to a concert at Vinyl. I love small, intimate concert spaces because it feels like a private party. I don’t have to worry about people accidentally spilling drinks on me or security moving through the crowd because someone passed out from dehydration.
- Attend the Atlanta Jazz Festival and the Sweet Auburn Festival. Attending local festivals are a summer tradition for me. I enjoy the warm weather, admiring the way a handsome man’s brown skin glistens under the sun, and the sound of Frankie Beverly, Chaka Khan and Luther Vandross blaring through loudspeakers. It’s nothing but good, familial backyard BBQ vibes I cherish.
- Go to Tokyo Valentino. I’ve passed the store a couple of times. It looks intriguing from the exterior and I’m curious to know what the interior looks like.
- Go to G Garvey’s new restaurant. I love soul food and grew up watching his cooking show. Recently I saw a video of him making lobster and crab mac and cheese and I want it! Something tells me I’ll be required to make reservations and pay for parking but it’s worth it.
What are you planning for post-vaccination or post-pandemic?
Let me know in the comments below.